What a challenge. I have been nominated for an award! I’ve seen opportunities like this, but never really wanted to participate, until this time! Thank you Dark Writer for nominating me. This blogger has captivated me with very creative writing….and we both love pineapples! Please check out his site.
Another nominee found the definition of Liebster: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome!
Let’s add the purpose of this is to help new bloggers, or old bloggers like me with a newer blog that needs some love, be discovered. My sole purpose in wanting to be discovered is my prayer to be able to touch another person and perhaps encourage them, give them hope or make them smile. Or as my tagline is supposed to mean – share LIFE: Love, Inspiration, Freedom, and Encouragement.
With the below 11 questions posed to you, I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
- Since the rules say I can, I will re-nominate Carlos, author of “Thoughts of a Train Wrecked Pineapple.” I met him in July’s Blogging 101. I guess it was the pineapple…We are probably very different, but we sure seem to have a lot in common and I enjoy his unique writing style. And now I have more questions for him!
- This award is about finding new blogs. And thanks to this award, I’ve discovered Catherine Mullaney’s blog, Disarmed by Love. Oh, how I relate to her and look forward to following her posts!
- One of my favorite new and young bloggers is Jessica, whose blog is “Where the Lord Leads.” While I love to find people who are really “different” from me, this precious young lady is also my sister – In Christ.
- I don’t know how many followers Miryam Leah of “The Well Balanced Soul” has, if more than 200, disregard. If less, I hope you participate. I’d love to know more about you. I really like your writings and where you are coming from!
- I also nominate Audrey Cunningham, a relatively new blogger that also is very much like me…and we both love Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and Jesus!
- There are a few more bloggers I want to nominate, but I either have misplaced them or am not sure how many followers they have….If I missed someone, I’d love to include you here!
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Questions posed for me:
If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
My husband and I travel full time! So we go where ever we want. But my favorite place right now is near my daughter who has blessed us with an adorable grandson…and we are currently waiting for our second grand child to be born….any day now!
What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
When I pick my grandson up from day care. He drops whatever he is doing and comes running to me….it doesn’t get any better than this!
What do you like about your hometown?
I have several hometowns….my dad was in the military, so we moved frequently. Then my husband and I have moved frequently and now we travel full time! Technically, my home of record right now is Sebring, Florida. I do like so much about this wonderful, rural town. For one, we moved there for the weather….and family lived there. It was really the one hometown where I was able to become a volunteer and really participate in making life a little sweeter….
What is the best meal you can prepare?
This is really a joke in our family. Once upon a time, I was a decent cook. Then my husband took over and now I am learning to follow directions as to what to cook and how to do it. But I don’t think anything I could list would be considered the “best meal.”
What’s your favorite chore to do at home?
I keep up with all of our financial matters, pay bills, run our household office.
What’s your favorite book?
I read my Bible daily, so that means it must be my favorite! It keeps me encouraged that the Lord is real, He loves me, He keeps me from harm and He quenches my thirst for life!
What’s the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Pay off the mortgages of our daughter, nieces, and nephews!
What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable?
I’ll agree with my friend, Dark Writer, I love pineapple and I do eat it every day! Well, when we can get good ones…..but with our lifestyle, the way we travel, we usually find good ones year around!
How many times have you fallen in love?
When I was six, sixteen and finally found the love of my life at age 21!
What was your favorite game or toy as a child?
Hide and seek!
What’s your favorite beverage?
I’m boring….I drink water with all my meals and throughout the day! I also enjoy coffee, chased by water!
Nominees – here are my questions for you, answer all or pick and choose which ones you want to answer:
1. Who or what inspired you to write books/blogs?
2. If there is one event in world history you could change, what would it be?
3. Staying with world history, what is the time period you would most like to live in?
4. If you could invite one of the world’s most famous person to dine with you, who would it be?
5. What is one talent you would like to excel at above all others?
6. If you could interview one of your favorite and famous authors, who would it be?
7. What is your all-time favorite film?
8. What is your signature dish or favorite meal?
9. What is your favorite song?
10. What makes you a happy person?
11. Where in the world would you most like to travel to?